Question: How well does your mobile app stand out from the competition? According to a Statista study, today there are more than 1.8 million apps in the Apple App Store and almost 2.5 million in the Google Play App Store. After the first mobile application appeared in 2008, the information marketplace faced a dramatic shift. The demand for instant access to data forever changed the expectations of the public.
Here at Colure Media, we understand the market movements and growth. We take pride in being one of the best mobile app development agencies in New York City. Our team excels in helping our clients stand out in the marketplace. We help them drive mobile application downloads with in-app marketing, app store optimization, mobile marketing and search engine marketing. We use these tools, crystal clear ideas and a systematic approach in defining our tradecraft.
What’s unique about Colure’s approach is our ability to develop native applications which are very strong, from a technology point of view. At the same time, we never lose focus while engaging your target audience with your brand identity. UI/UX are crucial components of any app development. Our focus upon the total user experience, project goals and overall functionality is our signature upon our client’s projects.
Mobile application developments are divided into two different categories: Android apps and iOS apps (which include iPhone apps and iPad applications). We design apps tailored to meet the needs of the enterprise and consumer markets.
The Android services we render include:
- Designing and developing Android apps (SDK)
- Java for Android development
- GPS and Location Services
- Push notifications
- SOAP, RESTful, XML Parsing
- Webkit, HTML5
- MPEG4 AND H.264 over HTTP/RTSP streaming video
- Market research
- Product launches in app stores
Our iOS app developments are secure and scalable. They work comfortably on the ever-upgrading series of Apple mobile devices. These apps are crafted to achieve smooth functionality.
Our iOS development services include:
- Application UI/UX designing and development
- Redesigning apps for iOS compatibility
- Porting for Android and Blackberry apps
- Wireless networking
- iPhone SDK XCode IDE
- Superior quality Graphic Standards and Protocols
- Objective-C Programming
- Customized iPhone apps
- iPhone enterprise software development
The success of our agency is built upon the success and growth of our clients. Contact Colure’s Mobile App Development Team to discuss your next project.
App Store Optimization (ASO) is the act of improving the visibility of an app amongst the competition.
Proper marketing for your application is critical to your business’ success. Customers must be able to
easily find your app, and have all of their questions answered within a very limited space.
According to a 2013 Forrester Research report, 63% of apps are located in app store searches.
Today’s app marketplace is ruled by two major app stores – Google Play and the Apple Store.
Millions of apps are being marketed to an ever growing audience. How you position yourself against
the competition can determine your success in the marketplace.
Before you start, you must have a crystal clear vision of your company, your application’s functions,
your specific audience, and the mechanisms you’ll use to bring those parties together. The way in
which you craft the release of your new application is as critical as the design of the application itself.
These are a few key themes for your app store listing:
- Optimize your Title – be sure that the title is clean and simple. This is the biggest opportunity to describe your application and its function to the audience. Try to keep it under 25 characters. It’s tempting to be ‘cute’ with an app name. Be sure you keep your focus when you select the name.
- Optimize your Keywords – Separate all keywords with commas, no spaces. Be sure to leave no empty spaces in keywords area. Empty spaces are wasted characters – don’t waste opportunities to squeeze in possibly one more word into the keyword area. Maximize your searchability with crafted words.
- Description – This is your key opportunity to explain your app to the world. Be sure that you are focused in your words. Check the limits for text allowed in each posting. If you need, hire someone who writes professionally, to maximize this opportunity. Here, you must be crystal clear with your customer. Be sure to address the ASO needs of both your human and search engine audiences.
- Unique Icon – Each app should have a unique visual icon that identifies the application. Try to avoid words in the icon.
- Screenshots – Most customers examine the screenshots to see if they like the ‘feel’ of the app’s layout.
- Fill out the “What’s New” area – Update this area frequently, as changes are made to your app. This demonstrates that you are actively listening to the needs of the customers and the industry.
- Preview everything – Be sure the layouts are displayed the way you intended, before publication.
These are the foundations for any ASO effort. Be sure that you enter the marketplace with a strong
footing. Contact the Colure staff about both building and marketing your next mobile application.